Improve Your Marathon and Half Marathon Running
|INSIDE:||100 colour photographs|
Improve Your Marathon and Half Marathon Running is an accessible, jargon-free guide for athletes committing to improving their running at either distance. It provides valuable advice in increasing competition experience and structuring more advanced training programmes.
The book covers:
- Training plans and principles
- Evolving training programmes as a runner's experience increases
- Methods for cross-training in other disciplines
- Principles for athletes to examine the biomechanics of their running to improve performance
- Benefits of coaching
- Training case histories of successful athletes
- Practical nutritional advice to manage the distance
"This book unashamedly targets the club runner, but there is also enough pertinent information to help the elite aspirant as well.
Written by David Chalfen, a Level-4 UKA coach who has been running for more than 30 years, it has a foreword by renowned coaching guru Bud Baldaro. Its 140 pages cover just about everything you need to know in your quest for that perfect half or full marathon."
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: Atheltics Weekly