|INSIDE:||160 colour photographs|
Kart racing is a useful first step on the ladder to becoming a professional racing driver, teaching essential skills of track strategy, vehicle set-up and positive mindset. Many top drivers continue to enjoy karting for fun and fitness.
Karting Explained provides a full guide to the sport, including:
- Choosing a kart class and club
- Passing your Association or Racing Kart Schools Novice Driver test
- Gaining your competition licence
- Buying and maintaining a kart and rebuilding its engine
- Setting up your kart for optimum lap times
- What to expect on your first race day
- Moving up to national championships
- Getting involved in karting in other roles - marshals, officials and race organisers
Foreword by Paul Di RestaRRP: £14.99
"Given that the movement has been around for half a century, and that interest in old-school karts is on the rise, the arrival of this softback is timely. It's written with newbies in mind so is easy to digest. Well worth a punt if you're looking to compete."
Review Type: Press
Reviewed By: Octane